Different breastfeeding positions
It is of the utmost importance to ensure that both you and your baby are comfortable and well supported when deciding on a specific breastfeeding position. Every mother and baby is unique in their physical characteristics. Over time, you and your baby will discover which breastfeeding position works best for the two of you.
Cradle Breastfeeding Position
- Use pillows to help support the weight of your baby and to bring baby to the level of your nipple;
- While sitting in an upright supported position, cradle your baby in the arm closest to the breast you would like to feed on;
- Hold your baby’s head in the crook of your arm;
- Your baby should be facing you tummy-to-tummy;
- Use your opposite hand to support your breast so that your baby can latch on successfully;
- Bring your baby to your breast, not your breast to your baby;
- This position works best if you are still learning to breastfeed.