Dealing with work and pregnancy
Working while pregnant will leave most pregnant women with some interesting challenges, which include dealing with morning sickness, dealing with fatigue, keeping comfortable, and keeping stress under control. You should consider how you will go about managing all of the mentioned issues and subsequently ensure that the everyday duties of your work do not affect you as pregnant mother and your baby negatively.
Do’s and Don’ts regarding Work and Pregnancy
Dealing with Morning Sickness
- Get enough sleep. You may feel nauseated if you are tired all the time. Ensure that you go to bed early and that you get a solid night sleep.
- Take it slow in the morning. Rushing around can contribute to nausea, so allow yourself extra time to get ready for work.
- Drink enough fluids. Keep the nausea away by taking in enough liquid. Ginger ale is good to combat nausea.
- Snack often. Snack more often by eating smaller meals. Lemon drops, dry crackers and hard candy is a good choice.
- Avoid triggers. If the smell of coffee makes you sick, then stay away from coffee shops and out of the kitchen. The same goes for food which makes you feel queasy. Nothing is worse than having to go to work when feeling like you are going to vomit every few seconds.